$75.90 – $211.95
Economical and easy to install and maintain, improving your hair, skin and overall health.
The Multipure Aquashower connects quickly and easily in-line with most existing showerheads, providing all the health benefits of Multipure dechlorinated water in your shower. The Aquashower is tested and certified by the Water Quality Association according to NSF/ANSI Standard 177 for the Reduction of Free Available Chlorine. (Extra replacement cartridge is included)
Benefits & Features
Dimensions: 3″ w x 4.75″ h
Weight: 1lb. 4 oz.
Filter Application: Chlorine, sediment
Filter Efficiency: 90%
Filter Media: KDF-55
Replacement Filter: Model AQSF
Filter Capacity: 25,000 gallons (6-7 months)
Operating Temperature Range: 40° F (5° C) to 120° (49° C)
Operating Water Pressure Range: 30 psi to 100 psi
There are 15 ounces (466 grams) of KDF media in each Aquashower cartridge. As chlorinated water flows through the filter cartridge, the two dissimilar metals in KDF, (copper and zinc), create a galvanic or electrolytic reaction which causes the two chlorine ions to combine with some prevalent metal in the water to form a harmless chloride. KDF does not hold the chlorine, it changes chlorine from an element to a harmless compound, which flushes out of the filter. KDF is a non-toxic granular filter media which is produced within the regulations of “The Drinking Water Act” (PL 99-399 of June 19, 1986.)
The Aquashower is the world’s first shower filter to utilize specially treated virgin quartz to ‘energize’ the shower experience by reducing the surface tension of the water. This increases the lathering capacity of your soap and shampoo. Quartz does not soften water but gives the water a lighter ‘feel’, similar to the feeling of softened water. Our natural crystals come to us directly from two North American high-energy crystal mines. We use specially filtered water to clean our crystals and sun dry them for maximum purity.
Remove existing showerhead using an adjustable wrench if necessary. NOTE: If your shower arm has an integral ball joint, it may be replaced with a standard 1/2” shower arm or an adapter may be used. Purchase correct adapter from a hardware or plumbing supply store with the help of the following table:
This product must be used in compliance with state and local laws and regulations
Instructions for Installation:
There are two installation options when using the Aquashower with handheld shower kits:
Shower Plumbing Aquashower
Or you can attach a shower head onto the Aquashower.
1. Unscrew housing cap from housing body. (Fig. 1)
2. Re-position two internal rubber o-rings if they are dislodged. Place small o-ring into the groove in the filter housing body. Place large o-ring into groove in housing cap. Be sure the o-rings and the grooves they are placed into are clean and free of any grains of filtering media.
3. Place filter cartridge into housing body. Screw the top and bottom parts together. (Fig. 2–4) Hand tighten only. (External black body ring is decorative only)
4. If this unit is equipped with a red plastic thread protector or washer retainer at the inlet of the housing body, remove and discard. Now attach the filter by threading unit onto the shower water pipe. Firm hand tightening without plumber’s tape should be sufficient for leak free operation. (Fig. 4–5) DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.
5. Allow the water to run through the filter for 30 to 60 seconds before the first use.
6. If this Aquashower is not equipped with a Multipure showerhead, you may use any good quality showerhead or a hand held shower unit. Attach the flexible hose part of a hand held unit to the outlet threads of the filter. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for any other assembly required. Please use only a low flow showerhead manufactured since 1993. It should be a high quality showerhead not an economy plastic showerhead. It should conform to the requirements of the US Energy Policy Act of 1994. NOTE. Maximum chlorine removal is achieved with a water flow rate of no more than 2.0 gpm at 80 psi. At this flow rate, sufficient water contact time with the media is achieved.
Wonder Washer (Fig. 6 & 7)
All our shower filters now use the unique and exclusive Wonder Washer. The Wonder Washer replaces the sediment screen previously used on our shower filters. The Wonder Washer uses a beveled washer into which we insert a custom machined sleeve and base. This eliminates the need for Teflon or plumbers tape for a leak free seal. It also solves the problem of thin-walled shower arms cutting into a flat rubber washer allowing the washer to collapse and be drawn into the shower arm or pipe itself, causing a leak. The unique brass insert stabilizes the beveled washer making it impossible to collapse. We consider this a quality feature for
our quality shower filter products.
When to Change Your Cartridge and Housing Body
The Aquashower shower filter should remove unhealthy free chlorine for a period of 6 to 7 months. Chlorine levels vary from city to city. If you live in an area where the source water contains high levels of suspended solids or where scale buildup in pipes is excessive, you may experience an early reduction in water flow. This may be an indication that you need to replace the cartridge more frequently than the recommended 6 to 7 months. For best results, the housing body should be replaced every 3 years or as needed.